March 19, 2010

snap out of it

I've been in a bit of a funk.

Just a little one.

A photo funk.

It seems that Friday, and thus my self-imposed photo posting challenge, have been sneaking up rather quickly each week. Apparently, my old friends motivation and inspiration went on Spring Break without me, leaving me with no vision and a slight case of annoyance with myself for starting a weekly photo posting commitment in the first place.

But yesterday, instead of focusing on the seeming lack of late winter subject matter, I decided to change my viewpoint. I gave myself a kick in the pants. A little pep talk.


With a little thought, I actually have plenty of lovely subjects at my fingertips.


Simple everyday things that are beautiful in their own right.


I don't have to have a date with a baby, a teenager, or a garden of pretty flowers in order to create a worthwhile picture.


I just need to put on a fresh set of glasses and a new attitude, and a whole new world opens up. A beautiful world.

Happy Friday!

19 comments:

  1. LOVE the lone berry with that escaped from the crowd. There is so much beauty all around us! Thanks for sharing the fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the funk - I seem to be experiencing one of my own at the moment. Your photos have inspired me to have my own pep talk and btw, love that little dish with the red stripe. -amy
    PS I've made a shopping list for my flower pots based on your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Definitely some of my favorite photos yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Apparently, my old friends motivation and inspiration went on Spring Break without me" LOL! I love that line! These are gorgeous photos-glad you found some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right! I keep telling myself to just look at every single thing with fresh eyes. Your photos are always stunning!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me want fruit.

    Fresh produce is every bit as capture-worthy as a flower, in my opinion.

    And, ps, I have that blue and red chrysanthemum table runner thingy. It is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who would have thunk it. strawberries + blueberries = absolute beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love, love, love the pictures...love, love, love the garden photos in the previous post too. Wish I was rich and could hire someone to make my yard look like that...just don't have the talent myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simple subjects are the most beautiful...I am always drawn to a beautiful bowl of fruit. Now look what you have done - I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sure is a beautiful world..the beauty is all around us. Love the blueberries! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teresa, Teresa, Teresa....lovely, fabulous photos as always! It seems anytime I've decided to do something weekly on my blog, it never pans out, that day just comes around too danged fast!

    I think blueberries are one of the pretties things on earth. And the tastiest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! Course you can't go wrong with strawberries and vintage table clothes, those two things are meant to go together:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Berries and vintage linens...love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your blog. great pics and family. the home makeover. and i too love flowers.

    these pics of the berries are especially sweet. you can almost taste them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Food is always inspiring to the camera's lens. Glad you thought so too! Blueberries and strawberries are on my tomorrow morning's breakfast menu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And holy cow did you do it justice. Fruit has never looked so good and now I'd slap my momma for a bowl of strawberries and blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very lovely! Love all your photos~ Can't wait to go to my local strawberry fields! :)

    ReplyDelete